|Features||Alarm, Annual Calendar, Chronograph, Multiple Timezone|
|Case Size||48 mm|
|Water Resistance (Meters)||100|
|Glass Material||Mineral Crystal|
|Warranty Period||2 years|
What makes Ethos a better place to buy a watch vs. other e-commerce websites?
- Other e-commerce websites, even though they may be famous, are marketplaces. The sellers on these are NOT authorized retailers. You run the risk of buying a fake or a refurbished watch. Nearly 33% of the watches sold on e-commerce sites are fake. Ethos is an authorized retailer of every watch we sell. We are India's largest luxury watch retailer. We have 46 boutiques across India. You can be sure that when a watch is bought on our website it will be free from all malpractices.
- The warranty is void on most of the watches sold through marketplaces and e-commerce sites. Sellers send a warranty card that is not stamped by an authorized retailer. If something goes wrong, the warranty of the watch will be void.
- Ethos has 4 dedicated service and repair centers across India and a strong aftersales service department.
- You get a free strap adjustment at any Ethos watch boutique across India.
- You get free membership into Club Echo. Club Echo is the loyalty programme of Ethos, membership to which can get you invitations to secret sales, launch events, previews and discounts on polishing, watch check-ups and services.
Casio EdificeEFR-534SG-7AVDFMRP: Rs 10,995
Casio EdificeEFR-543BK-1A2VUDFMRP: Rs 10,995
Guess Collection G4-ExecutiveX66009G1S
Price: Rs 40,200
Special Price: Rs 38,190
MRP: Rs 29,950
Special Price: Rs 22,463
Oakley Transfer Case10-030
MRP: Rs 27,900
Special Price: Rs 25,110
Swiss Military Chronograph QuartzSM34048.01
MRP: Rs 22,900
Special Price: Rs 21,755
MRP: Rs 18,430
Special Price: Rs 16,587
MRP: Rs 18,300
Special Price: Rs 17,385
Armani Exchange ActiveAX1386
MRP: Rs 15,495
Special Price: Rs 12,396
Jacques Lemans Sport1-1117CN
MRP: Rs 14,800
Special Price: Rs 14,060
Ice ICE StyleIS.BKR.B.S.13
Price: Rs 13,290
Special Price: Rs 11,297
Claude Bernard Classics20063 3 BRRN
MRP: Rs 12,950
Special Price: Rs 11,008
Customer Reviews on Casio Edifice Chronograph EQS-A500B-1AVDR
Average Customer Rating 4.5 out of 5 based on 2 Review(s)
Have you used this product? Rate it now.
The built quality of the watch is superb. Stainless steel case, resin strap, screw back crown and screw back back-cover are all good things to keep a watch going on for a long time. The only hitch I personally found is the screw back crown. Yes a lot of high end and divers watches have this feature and it increases water tolerance. But come on Casio, this is only 100m water resistant. Every time you need to make any adjustment you need to unscrew and this can become a pain after certain period of time. Fortunately it is solar powered and has a perpetual calendar. Once set you do not need to bother again for a lifetime. If someone is travelling a lot across different time zones then it may be a different matter. I wish there was a sapphire glass crystal. Also the dial overall appears dull compared some other edifice watches. It cannot be due the solar nature, because some of citizens I own are not dull like this.
This watch has date, day, dual time zone, alarm, chronograph, stopwatch with facility for 10 laps and fastest lap, countdown timer and world time; phew a long list of features. The watch fits perfectly on my 6.8” wrist. The resin strap is extremely comfortable but generates a lot of sweat in hot Indian summers. The dial looks a bit busy but easy to read once you are used to it. The battery indicator is a nice feature not found on most of solar watches including some high end eco-drive series from citizen. Once fully charged the battery lasts for about 9 months without further charge. So if you are wearing it regularly there is no need to bother about further charging. The facility to adjust the hands to zero position is another bonus feature. The seconds hand ticks bang on to the indicator markers and speaks for the high built quality. The only hitch is the day indicator which tends to be off by a few mm despite zeroing multiple times. A lot of online forums have also complained the same. Not a deal breaker though. The 5 independent motors which operate underneath make switching from one function to another very easy and fast. Some of the these complicated watches otherwise take a very long time to change time zones.
This watch does not have LED light like ERA-200B-1AVDR model. I wonder why Casio eliminated this feature because this is in the same genre and a more expensive watch than ERA-200B-1AVDR. Setting up the watch initially can be a little tedious but Casio website has excellent videos which make the job easy. The manual in my personal opinion is a little confusing.
The link for casio instruction site is: http://www.casio-intl.com/wat/sp/operation_guide/edifice/EQS-500DB/en/index.html
To sum it up, this is an extremely value for money watch with multiple features. Its bang for the buck. Though it is not a dress watch, it still can go well with a formal dress or a casual outing.
Read all watch reviews by Pritesh Nagar
Read all watch reviews by Syed Mudasir